Saturday, November 19, 2011

Babysitting the DeGraffenrieds

So may I just say 6 little children in one house sure know how to make a mess in a few split seconds! But we had lots of fun doing it! And now that I am writing this I wish I would have taken pictures... Well, you win some you lose some.. we  started out the night making our own personal pizzas Brooklyn made hers look like a flower, Noah made his a jack 'o lantern, Anna made a mountain of olives with another mountain on top made of cheese :) it was probably 3 inches tall  haha, and Maycee would put a few olives on then eat them, put a few more on then eat them, and so on... Anyways while they cooked we watched "MegaMind" and continued watching while we ate. After we ate we went to the basement and attempted to make a huge fort out of cardboard and duct tape but apparently duct tape is not strong enough to hang cardboard from the ceiling so instead we made a "Human Spider Alien" (in Noah's words) and a tunnel with a tower on top... Well, cardboard and duct tape can only be fun for so long, so, we went back upstairs. We realized when we went upstairs that we had left some pizza in the oven(when I say we I  mean me) they were just about cooked to ashes...oops :) oh well. We then played "Sardines" which is kinda hard when the kids are too scared to wander off by themselves but it was still fun.. and surprisingly Chloe and Maycee actually had fun playing in the dark with us :).. We are so grateful for those kids they bring a lot of joy into our lives.. Anyway it was a fun night and Noah I am sorry Maycee ripped all the pages out of your little notebook.

3 comments:

  1. I thinks it's official, you guys are the #1 babysitters! They had a lot of fun with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! You have a blog now! I love it you super creative mommy you. I wanted to also tell you that I absolutley LOVE every single one of your family pictures that you posted! They all turned out sooooooo beautifully! That doesn't sound too blog stalkerish does it?? Well finals are almost over hooray!! And I desperatley need to see all my bowman girls since you know its been only like what a century since we have seen all you guys. Perhaps a girls night in the near future?! Hope you are all doing well and I promise we will see you all soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary it would be so fun to have a girls night! Or even just a game night..you guys still need to come over :)

      Delete